This Vegan Cornbread Stuffing is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal. Get all of…
These Individual Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Muffins are the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. A savory cornbread mixture in a small package.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and these Stuffing Muffins are the perfect addition to your menu! They have all of your favorite stuffing flavors in a cute, muffin-sized package.
These are especially perfect if you are traveling for Thanksgiving and are signed up to bring a side dish. Pop them into a container and reheat right before serving.
How to make Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Muffins
To make these muffins, you will start off by making a platter of cornbread. Cornbread is SUPER easy to make from scratch. You can essentially follow the recipe on the side of the corn meal box, and just make some swaps for vegan ingredients.
You will want to make the cornbread ahead of time so that it has time to cool off and dry out a bit. But once it is ready to go, add some vegan butter to a pan with your veggies and get them nice and tender.
Combine your veggies with the crumbled cornbread and add my all-time favorite Thanksgiving ingredient – Vegan Chicken Broth. Of course, you can swap this out for your favorite broth, but I recommend using this brand if you can. It is so, so, so tasty!
Now that everything is mixed together, spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin and place it in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Once everything is cooked through and the tops are crispy, let them cool for 10 minutes, pop them out and eat!
If you are making these ahead of time, just let them cool, and reheat right before eating.
These stuffing muffins are seriously tasty and are sure to be a hit at your next holiday dinner!
More of visual person? Check out this video of how to make Individual Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Muffins:
Individual Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffing Muffins
FOR THE CORNBREAD
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 flax egg*
FOR THE STUFFING
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 cups vegan chicken broth**
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8" square baking dish.
- Add the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add milk, oil and flax egg to the dry ingredients and gently stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes – or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- While the cornbread is cooling, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, thyme and sage to the pan and cook until the veggies are tender (approx. 3-5 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- Crumble the cornbread into 1 inch chunks. Add the veggies to the cornbread and toss to combine. Slowly pour the broth into the cornbread followed by the parsley and mix together. Taste and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Reheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Using a measuring cup, transfer the cornbread mixture to the muffin tin – pushing the mixture down and allowing it to overfill as needed.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes – or until the tops are crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and eat immediately.***
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!