This Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta requires just a few staple ingredients and is easy…
This One Pot Creamy Hummus Pasta is ready in 20 minutes! This vegan pasta dish is kept light by using hummus in place of typical cream sauce.
Pasta is a staple at my house.
I used to think that pasta marinara was the easiest meal to make, but I have a new obsession in my life.
And it is this One Pot Creamy Hummus Pasta.
It is flavorful, simple and delicious. Also it is ready in 20 minutes…win!
I love a creamy pasta, but don’t love the heavy feeling I have after eating it.
Even with cashew cream, you can still feel weighed down.
Using hummus keeps this light while still giving you plenty of smooth texture.
This pasta gets another layer of flavor and texture with the addition of fresh garlic, sun dried tomatoes and wilted spinach.
It is just a bowl of yum.
One Pot Creamy Hummus Pasta
- 8 oz dry linguine
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 3/4 cup hummus + more for leftovers
- 1 cup pasta water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove over medium heat. Add sun dried tomatoes, oil and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add hummus and pasta to the pan and stir to combine. Slowly pour in pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until sauce reaches desired consistency. Add spinach and sauté until wilted (approx. 1 minute). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately* and enjoy!