Take avocado toast to the next level with this Avocado Hummus Toast with Microgreens. Packed…
This Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast steps up the classic vegan breakfast. Toasted bread is topped with smashed avocados, smoky chickpeas and sprouts.
Avocado toast never gets old. I don’t care if it’s not “on trend” in 2019, because I will always find ways to step up my avocado toast game.
And this avocado toast in particular is not only super tasty, but it is also super healthy. Roasted chickpeas add fiber to your breakfast – which is going to keep you full longer and make this a super satisfying meal.
Micro greens (or sprouts) give this toast some extra greens, which is always a good thing.
You could easily roast the chickpeas ahead of time and add them to your toast throughout the week. Saves you some time in the morning – always a win.
You can also switch up the spices you use while roasting the chickpeas to give this a different flavor every time. I went with garlic and smoked paprika – a classic combo that you can’t go wrong with.
Some other ideas would be curry powder, chili powder, cumin…play around with your spices to find your favorite combo.
And per usual, I had to top this toast off with some red pepper flakes. Totally optional, but perfect if you want to add a little zing.
This is a great breakfast, brunch or snack. You won’t want to eat your avocado toast any other way.
Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- 4 large slices sourdough bread or bread of choice
- 2 large avocados
- micro greens or sprouts
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, garlic powder and paprika to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway though.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Toast bread and spread 1/4 of an avocado on each slice of bread. Add micro greens to each slice, followed by chickpeas. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!