Raw veggies are tossed together with rice noodles and a tahini dressing in these Asian Tahini…
This Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup is full of healthy veggies, protein packed tofu and gluten free noodles. The perfect vegan meal for the cold season.
Its cold season, which means stuffy noses and lots of soup.
And when I’m sick I love having asian soup. Something about garlic, ginger and spicy broth that is soothing and helps clear the sinuses.
Now you can make it at home with this Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup.
The base of this soup is a “beef” broth.
To get the beef flavor you will need the Vegetarian Better Than Bouillon Beef Flavor – which you can find at Whole Foods or online here.
Why do I use it all the time?
Because it is a vegan staple – I swear by it.
Once you have your broth boiling you are going to add all of your veggies – garlic, onions, mushrooms, bok choy – and tofu.
Once the veggies are tender you will add in the noodles.
I used shirataki fettuccine noodles.
These are a low cal option compared to traditional noodles – they only have 15 calories per serving. They do have a different texture than typical noodles – a little chewy.
So if you are weird about texture (or just can’t find them) feel free to swap them out for soba noodles or rice noodles. (I got mine at my local grocery store, or you can find them here).
This soup is very versatile.
Season your broth to your spice preference.
Don’t like certain veggies? Swap them out for something different. Feel free to make this your own.
And stay healthy this winter my friends!
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp better than bouillon no beef flavor*
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp sriracha or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 yellow onion julienned
- 1 bundle bok choy whites and greens separated and diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups white mushrooms sliced
- 1 package firm tofu drained and cut in squares
- 1 package shirataki fettuccine noodles drained and rinsed**
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: green onion, jalapeño, red pepper flakes
- Add water, bouillon, soy sauce, ginger, miso and sriracha to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms and bok choy to pot and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully add tofu and noodles to pot and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Ladle soup into bowls and add optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!