Perfect vegan lunch or quick dinner - these Smashed Chickpea Salad Wraps require no cooking and…
These Chickpea Salad Pinwheels are perfect for parties, lunches or just a good old snack. A healthy vegan meal that is super easy to make.
It is officially back to school season BUT it is also the end of Summer. And what do those two things have in common? The need for easy finger foods that can be party snacks AND make ahead lunches.
These Chickpea Salad Pinwheels are the perfect answer to both.
If you’ve never dabbled in chickpea salad, just imagine all of the flavors of traditional chicken salad, but swap the chicken for chickpeas.
TSV TIP: Don’t have chickpeas on hand? You can also use white beans. Has a similar texture and gives this recipe a great flavor.
What I love about the Chickpea Salad Pinwheels is that you can make the filling ahead of time and plop it into the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
You can also change up the flavors depending on your tastebuds and who you are serving. I personally love an extra splash of hot sauce. And when I say “splash” I mean “BRING ON THE HOT SAUCE”. But you can play around with this recipe until it has the perfect flavor/consistency you are looking for.
Want it more creamy? Add is some additional mayo. Like that tart zing? More mustard is your answer.
Once your filling is done, it is time to assemble. Spread an even layer across a large tortilla. Top half of the filling with spinach – you don’t want the spinach to go all the way across, because then your tortilla won’t stick to itself at the end.
Roll it nice and tight, then slice away. Place those pinwheels in the fridge until ready to eat. I wouldn’t make them more than 12 hours ahead of time since the tortillas can start to get soggy.
These Chickpea Salad Pinwheels are perfect for a party or a packed lunch.
More of a visual person? Check out this step-by-step video of how to make these Chickpea Salad Pinwheels:
Chickpea Salad Pinwheels
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed*
- 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add avocado and mash until the avocado is combined.
- Add in the jalapeño, red onion, mustard, vegan mayo, pepper, garlic salt and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.**
- To assemble, spread an even layer of filling to the outer edges of each tortilla. Top half of the filling with spinach.***
- Starting at the end with spinach, tightly roll the tortillas up until you reach the other end. Use a sharp knife, and cut each wrap into 8 pieces.
- Serve right away or place in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!