This Vegan Taco Pasta has all the flavor of traditional tacos, but in casserole form.…
This Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta requires just a few staple ingredients and is easy to adjust based on what you have on hand.
Today we are making a super simple pasta recipe that uses plenty of staple ingredients and allows for a lot of flexibility based on what you have on hand.
Pasta is a super comforting meal that helps me put my mind at ease during these crazy quarantine days. AND this recipe easily makes 4 solid servings – you have veggies, pasta and beans all in one meal. The perfect meal for a family or save the leftovers for lunch the next day.
So, let’s talk about how to make this Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta
The base of this sauce is onion, carrot, garlic, dried herbs (or fresh if you have them), broth and non-dairy milk. Now let’s talk about some swaps you can make.
- Instead of carrots: mushrooms, butternut squash
- Instead of cherry tomatoes: canned tomatoes, zucchini
- Instead of spinach: kale, collards, peas – fresh or frozen
- Instead of vegan butter: olive oil, additional broth
- Instead of non-dairy milk: cashew cream, vegan cream cheese
- Instead of lemon juice: vinegar
- Instead of white beans: chickpeas, tempeh, kidney beans
Hopefully, this pasta will give you a good base to make an amazing dinner with any combo of ingredients you have on hand.
Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta
- 8 oz pasta dry, any shape
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1 cup broth*
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 15-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh greens or 1 cup of frozen, I used spinach
- vegan parmesan optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, salt, pepper & red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley, garlic powder, non-dairy milk, broth and lemon juice to the pan. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white beans, spinach and the drained pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Cover and turn the heat to low. Allow the pasta and sauce to sit, covered for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust salt, pepper & red pepper flakes.
- Serve with vegan parmesan and/or fresh herbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!