These Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos with Chipotle Cilantro Sauce are a healthy mix of roasted…
Get ready for your next party with these Potato Soyrizo Skillet Nachos with Chipotle Cilantro Sauce. Loaded with black beans, veggies and vegan sausage.
Nothing says football season like a big, towering skillet of nachos, right? And even if you aren’t into watching football, I think we can all get behind crispy chips, roasted potatoes and a smoky chipotle sauce that will have you licking your fingers.
This is a recipe that will bring everyone to the table – and it can seriously feed an army.
How to Make Skillet Nachos
These nachos just take a few easy steps. First roast your potatoes.
While your potatoes are roasting whip up your sauce by combining chipotle peppers, olive oil, vegan mayo, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper and cilantro in a food processor or blender.
TSV TIP: I used my immersion blender. I am seriously obsessed with this thing and use it multiple times a week for sauces, dressings, soups.
Once your potatoes have done one round in the oven, add some additional seasoning, bell pepper, red onion and soyrizo to the baking sheet. Put it all back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
To assemble everything, add layers of chips, potato/soyrizo mixture, black beans and chipotle sauce to your skillet (or baking dish). Repeat until you have used up everything and place it the oven under the broiler for a few minutes.
Top it all off with more chipotle sauce, cilantro, avocado, jalapeño and lime wedges. Now…time to dig in.
Need more skillet inspo? Check out these recipes:
- Black Bean Brown Rice Vegan Taco Skillet
- Creamy Vegan Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- Vegan Sausage & Spinach Skillet Lasagna
Watch this video on how to make these skillet nachos:
Potato Soyrizo Skillet Nachos with Chipotle Cilantro Sauce
- 1 lb yellow potatoes cut in small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1 packet taco seasoning separated
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 6 oz soyrizo
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- cilantro, lime wedges, jalapeño, avocado for topping
FOR THE CHIPOTLE CILANTRO SAUCE
- 2-4 chipotles in adobo sauce comes in a can
- 1-2 tbsp adobo sauce from the can
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread potatoes out on the baking sheet and top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 of the packet of taco seasoning. Toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the chipotle cilantro sauce. Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.* Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the bell peppers, onions, soyrizo, remaining taco seasoning and remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the baking sheet. Toss to combine and place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To assemble, add a layer of chips to the bottom of a cast iron skillet (or baking dish) and top with 1/3 of the potato/soyrizo mixture, followed by half of the black beans and a drizzle of the chipotle sauce. Repeat this layer. Finally, add a layer of chips and the final 1/3 of potato/soyrizo mixture.**
- Place the nachos in the oven under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and top with additional chipotle cilantro sauce, cilantro, avocado and jalapeño. Serve with lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!