Increase the flavor of any meal with this super simple Chimichurri Sauce - made with…
These Roasted Potato Tacos with Chimichurri are perfectly seasoned, bursting with flavor and the perfect at home vegan Taco Tuesday meal!
Are tacos ever a bad idea? I think the obvious answer is HELL NO! I’m pretty sure I could eat tacos everyday for the rest of my life and never get sick of them. Especially if these Roasted Potato Tacos were on my regular rotation.
These tacos have everything you could want. Roasted potatoes, crunchy cabbage and a homemade chimichurri that is seriously flavor-packed!
How to make Roasted Potato Tacos with Chimichurri
To make these tacos, toss your potatoes with olive oil, bell peppers, jalapeños, onions and taco seasoning. Roast them in the oven until your potatoes are crispy and your other veggies are tender.
To assemble, heat up your tortillas (I like to heat mine over an open flame), then load them up with chopped cabbage, potatoes, avocado and plenty of chimichurri. Sprinkle your tacos with some fresh cilantro and lime juice and you are officially in taco heaven!
If you aren’t in the mood for tacos you can also skip the tortillas and load up a bowl with greens and add the rest of the tacos ingredients on top.
Roasted Potato Tacos with Chimichurri
- 1 lb potatoes cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped*
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped*
- 2 avocados diced
- cilantro for topping
- 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, olive oil and taco seasoning to a baking sheet. Toss to coat everything evenly. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Flip everything, then cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy and the other veggies are tender. Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the chimichurri according to the instructions. Set aside until ready to use.**
- Warm the tortillas and assemble your tacos. Layer each tortilla with cabbage, potatoes, chimichurri and avocado slices. Serve tacos with cilantro and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!