These Spicy Thai Noodles are quick, simple and totally mouthwatering. Bulk them up with extra…
Your new favorite quick vegan noodle dinner is here – Spicy Garlic Soba Noodles with Bok Choy. So simple, so tasty, so savory.
We all know I love sharing simple recipes with you guys. I think I say it in just about every post…“this recipe is sooooo simple“.
And this recipe is no different. We’re keeping things simple, quick and totally tasty. I mean who can say no to a bowl full of noodles and veggies?
This recipe is totally adaptable – change the spice level depending on your mood, up the garlic if you won’t be kissing anyone later, swap out the veggies depending on what you have on hand. This recipe is really meant for anyone and everyone.
I personally love soba noodles – you can find the ones I used here, or get them at your local grocery store in the Asian section. But you could use spaghetti, chow mein, or rice noodles if that’s all you have on hand.
For the veggies I picked baby bok choy simply because I love it. I just gave mine a quick sauté with some sesame oil, red pepper flakes and a dash of soy sauce. Once the leaves started to wilt I set it aside and started on the combining the noodles and sauce.
This is a super quick process – the soba noodles take less than 5 minutes to cook and the sauce just requires some stirring in a bowl before you combine it all together.
Add the bok choy back to the pan to warm up for a few seconds, then serve those noods up with green onion, cilantro and red pepper flakes.
You could easily add vegan chicken to this or even tofu. Or just keep it simple and slurp up the noodles on their own.
Spicy Garlic Soba Noodles with Bok Choy
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
- 6 oz soba noodles approx. 2 bundles
- 6 oz baby bok choy approx. 4 bundles
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 3 green onions diced, whites and greens separated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- cilantro chopped, optional
- red pepper flakes optional
- Prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, tahini, sriracha, chili garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, and 1 tbsp sesame oil in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add soba noodles and cook according to package instructions. When done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the noodles are being prepared, heat some sesame oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add bok choy to the pan with a dash of soy sauce and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes, flipping often, until bok choy begins to wilt. Remove from the pan.*
- Place the pan back on the stove over medium heat and add some sesame oil to the pan. Add garlic and the whites of the onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour half of the sauce into the pan followed by the bean sprouts and heat for 30 seconds.
- Lower heat and add the noodles and remaining sauce to the pan and toss until combined. Add bok choy back to the pan and allow it to heat through. Serve noodles topped with green onion, cilantro, peanuts and red pepper flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!