One of the best pizza combos is vegan-ized with this Vegan Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza…
These Vegan BBQ Lentil Burritos are loaded with black beans, tangy slaw, avocado, BBQ lentils and a creamy tahini dressing.
Summer is officially in full swing and while I love throwing goodies on the grill, sometimes you want that BBQ flavor without heating up the grill (or even heating up the stove for that matter).
And these burritos require very little cooking time, but pack all the BBQ flavor one could need.
And as much as you think I have been sharing lots of lentil recipes here…you would not believe the amount of recipes I’ve been testing out for you guys in my kitchen on a day to day basis. Aka…lots more to come.
But these burritos in particular are one of my favorites I have tried so far. ESPECIALLY for hot summer days. You are literally going to have your stove on for 10 minutes (or less) and the rest of the recipe just includes getting together a few additional ingredients.
Another typical TSV recipe trait is spice. And shockingly I kept this one tame. But if you are a spice addict (like me), I wouldn’t protest against you tossing a few pepper slices in these bad boys.
Lastly, let’s talk about the sauce – because all good recipes should have some tasty sauce. I went with a tahini dressing that is tangy, creamy and really tasty. If you wanted to keep this even more simple, you could even go with a pre-made vegan ranch. Do you.
Now, head to the kitchen and start whipping up some BBQ magic.
Vegan BBQ Lentil Burritos
FOR THE TAHINI DRESSING
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- lemon juice to taste – start with 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- onion salt to taste
- water as needed
FOR THE BURRITOS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 3 cups lentils cooked
- 3/4-1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups pre-made cabbage coleslaw
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados sliced
- cilantro optional
- 4 large flour tortillas
- To prepare the dressing add the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, a pinch of onion salt and a pinch of pepper to a bowl. Whisk to combine and add water to thin it out. If it needs more acidity, add additional lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Once you are happy with the taste, set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion to the pan and sauté until it begins to soften (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Add the lentils and 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce to the pan. Toss to combine – add additional BBQ sauce to taste. Turn heat to low and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add coleslaw, lime juice and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Drain and rinse the beans and set aside – these will go in the burrito cold.*
- To assemble, heat tortillas over an open flame (or in a pan over the stove) for a couple seconds on each side. Load each tortilla with 1/4 of the lentils, 1/4 of the beans, 1/4 cup of slaw, 1/2 an avocado, a pinch of cilantro and a drizzle of tahini dressing. Roll the tortillas up as tight as possible, then cut in half.
- Serve burritos with leftover tahini dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!