Switch up your typical breakfast with this Hash Brown Breakfast Bagel with Vegan Sriracha Mayo. A…
Make brunch at home with this Vegan Chickpea Potato Breakfast Hash – complete with crispy potatoes, chickpeas, bell peppers and avocado.
I am having a serious love affair…with my cast iron skillet, that is. It is a one stop shop for meals – brown, roast, saute. It can do it all. And I love the char it gives all of my meals.
TSV TIP: Need an affordable cast iron skillet recommendation? Check out the one I have here.
This breakfast hash is one of my favorites to make in my cast iron. Your veggies get a nice brown crust, and everything gets served up in one pan.
To cut down on cooking time, you will want to give your potatoes a quick boil before adding them to the skillet.
Once your potatoes and veggies are browned, add in the chickpeas and give it all a toss. Top off with fresh cilantro, jalapeno slices and lots of avocado. Serve with your favorite salsa, or ever my Vegan Jalapeno Cream Sauce.
Vegan Chickpea Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb potatoes diced in small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- jalapeno, cilantro and/or avocado for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully add diced potatoes to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes to the skillet. Toss potatoes with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt & pepper. Spread the potatoes evenly in the skillet and do not touch them for 5-7 minutes.
- Give the potatoes a toss – they should be slightly browned – and spread them evenly in the skillet again. Do not touch them for another 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper and onion to the skillet, tossing regularly.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach and cook until chickpeas are heated through and spinach is wilted. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- When you are ready to serve, top with jalapeno, cilantro and avocado. Serve with salsa on the side.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!