This No Mayo Vegan Potato Salad is packed with LOTS of herbs and an olive…
Make a summer favorite plant-based with this super simple (and delicious) Vegan Potato Salad. A new age take with all of the classic flavors.
Memorial Day weekend has come and gone and now is the time to look forward to warm summer days at BBQs and picnics. And being vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the classic summer foods that you’ve always known.
This Vegan Potato Salad is sure to have all of your non-vegan friends asking “THIS is vegan???”
When you have a good plant-based mayo on your side, anything is possible.
TSV TIP: I am big fan of just about ALL vegan mayos. I usually end up getting Trader Joe’s brand or I just order it off Thrive Market with the rest of my staple ingredients. If you haven’t tried Thrive Market it is my FAVE place to get groceries delivered. If you want to try it out, you can follow this link to get 25% off your first order!
The one thing you have to remember about potato salad is that personal taste is key. Flavors will develop the longer this sits in the fridge, so be sure to taste as you go as well as after it is completely cooled.
I find that I like the flavor even more 24 hours after I make it. That doesn’t mean you have to make it that far in advance, but just know it will only get tastier with time.
As written this will make 4-6 servings. This is based on the fact that I like to eat this as a small side. If you like a bigger serving size, I would double the recipe.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Vegan Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs baby yellow potatoes or potatoes of choice
- 1 cup plant-based mayo
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 1 kosher dill pickle chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Place pot on the stove over high heat and cover. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are slightly fork tender* and drain. Leave potatoes in the colander and cover with a clean kitchen towel to steam for 15 minutes. Uncover and allow to cool for an additional 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. Add mayo, vinegar, mustard, celery, green onions, dill pickle and pepper to a large bowl. Stir to combine, cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into quarters**. Add potatoes to the dressing and fold them in. Taste and add salt to taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
- Place in the fridge until completely cool – at least 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy.
**At this point you can decide whether you want to peel your potatoes or not. Once you cut them in quarters, the skins should easily peel off. Feel free to leave the skins on if you want to skip this step.